Back in February I wrote a post about leaning down a bit, my main goals were to:
1. not exceed more than 2-3x cardio intervals per week.
2. make weight training more intense
3. reduce intake a bit
4. treat myself to a nice free meal once a week
5. stretch and do yoga
It's now May (where does the time go!) and I want to fill you in and I also want to know how your doing? how can I help as well?
I want to put it out there, my body likes to be fat its just the way it is. If I eat more than I should in a good course of a week I get noticeably thicker when I'm naked in the mirror and I would say if I kept eating more than I should YOU would notice it probably in about a month! I'm a big believe that old fat cells well....like to be fat! damn them! Therefore no matter how hard I train or how much cardio I would do my body will fight me it takes the most perfect diet to get me where I want to be hence the reason why YOU should never compare yourself to your friend who can eat like shit and simply go to the gym daily and look fantastic, get over it, your genetics dont work that way so work with what you got ok?
Here is a calorie calculator that I use it really decent and definitely a baseline of where you should start IIFYM.com The reason why I share this one is because its the only one that was pretty on point with my calculations. I know how much I can eat to make me fat and I know how much I can eat to keep me maintained and I know how much I can eat to get me ready to the stage.
This is me today....I was not planning on sharing this but I sent it to a friend of mine and I got a very nice compliment that my progress was looking great and I think sometimes it takes someone else's eyes to put you in your place, I'm really hard on myself and like I told you in my last post sometimes you have to be happy where your at because it's always better than your past. So thank you to my lovely friend for filling me with self esteem...you know who you are... ;) xoxo
Here is what I've done so far:
1. I've reduced my calorie intake by not that much really ~300
2. I still don't do cardio like I had planned on my cardio comes from Kickboxing at TotalMMA studios which I attend ~1-2x/week. Sometimes I don't have time to go at all with school, clients, and my day job.
3. Instead of cardio I've decreased my rest time during weight training to almost as close to non as possible I'm constantly moving; burpees in between sets, skip rope, jump squats, etc.
4. I treat myself 1x/per week sometimes 2 just depends how hard my cravings are.
5. I still don't stretch or do yoga I'm horrible I really should but I can't seem to find it in me...sigh
My abs aren't as visible as before but I feel really good. I feel strong in training and my main focus right now are my squats I love them it's all I want to do! My thighs have gotten significantly bigger and my glutes well I don't know... I'll let you decide, they could be more defined but they definitely make me feel strong.
How are you doing?!!.....fill me in....