Tuesday, May 27, 2014
Saturday, May 17, 2014
I train legs twice a week. One days is for glutes/quads and the other for glutes/hamstrings. I've noticed a significant difference, so much that u don't think I'll ever go back to once a week. Pictured is standing adbuction machine. One of my favorites ;) try out this leg workout below!
3x Deadlift warmup x5
8x Deadlift x8-10
3x smith calf raises x12
4x Leg curls x12
4x Standing abduction machine x12
3x SLDL x8
2x Cable side kicks x12
2x cable Side donkey x12
3x plate loaded press x12
Friday, May 16, 2014
1. Bosu Ball knee tucks
3. Single leg knee tuck
4. Knee to elbow
When doing abs I like to just set a timer (10min usually) and just go for it. No reason really it just helps me to keep moving till my abs burn. Try it!
See full video on my Instagram @monique_lemus
Thursday, May 15, 2014
Sometimes I come up with recipes out of pure boredom- I must say those are my best ones.This recipe is vegan, gluten free, requires no oven! It's too damn hot for the oven no?
These are perfect for on the go with a side of coffe/tea or pre workout if you don't have enough time to stomach a large meal pre-training. I hope you like them.
Ingredients for muffin:
- 1 scoop vegan protein powder (whey optional, I used Vega One Vanilla Chai)
- 160g Trader Joes oat bran (~1cup)
- 1Tb almond butter (alternative nut butter OK)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2Tb Almond Breeze milk (alternative milk OK)
- 50g mashed bananas (~1/4cup)
Mix everything well **in the end add additional 1tsp water at a time if dough not sticky enough to mold** Mold into 5 balls then lightly flatten into cupcake cups.
Ingredients for frosting:
- 1Tb unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Libby's pumpkin purée
- 1 stevia packet
- 1/2Tb hemp seeds
Mix everything except for hemp seeds evenly frost each muffin then sprinkle with hemp seeds. ENJOY!
Nutrition: per muffin
40% Vit A, 12% Vit C, 14% Calcium, 20% Iron
Monday, May 12, 2014
Supersets burn and are perfect when trying to break through plateaus. Did you know nice round shoulders give the illusion of a small waist? Full 36 set shoulder routine below.
4x15 Seated reverse shoulder press
4x12 Standing Cable Upright Row
4x12 Leaning dumbbell lateral raises
4x12 lying cable upright rows
4x12 standing cable face pulls
4x12 Ez bar underhand grip cable front raise
4x12 standing cable face pulls
4x15 Seated db front raise
4x10 standing plate raise
Thursday, May 8, 2014
I've seen this recipe done in many different ways all over the internet. It really can be made by personal preference. Different spices & thick/thinness in texture. So I'm sharing with you MY recipe. Very easy to make must try. Only 90 calories for all this plus 270% vitamin C!
- 4 cups raw cauliflower (340g)
- 1 Tb fat free feta cheese
- 1tsp pepper + 1/2tsp pepper (reserve for the end)
- 1tsp cheddar seasoning (I used kernel popcorn seasons)
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- microwave cauliflower on high for 5min (in bag or covered)
- put veggies in a blender or food processor with all seasons except 1/2 tsp reserve pepper. Blend until smooth.
- place in a bowl and sprinkle with remainder pepper. Enjoy!
Thursday, May 1, 2014
1 Quest Banana Nut Muffin bar
1Tb almond butter
1tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2oz dark chocolate
1. cut bar into fours then microwave for 5sec until soft. Flatten each piece out in a square shape.
2. In a separate bowl mix almond butter with cocoa and water (this is your filling). Place filling in the middle of each bar piece then fold over. Seal the ends to assure filling stays in.
3. Cut a small slice of banana and top each piece, put 2 toothpicks through the pieces, drizzle each with chocolate.